You are sojourning at therustiebucket.blogspot.com
Enjoy your stay here
No charges for hotel services
But please leave your footprints behind
Enjoy your stay here
No charges for hotel services
But please leave your footprints behind
Tattooed Bengs and Kao Beh Lians - Big Serene
Saturday, February 7, 2009 ( 9:33 AM )
Yeah... My 1st entry. Anyway Ah Tong was urging me to blog about this incident so I might as well do it ASAP before I forget about it.
I was still checking on Jerome's kachang counter when Beverly approached me saying that there's a group of young people (to put it nicely, but actually they're a group of Bengs and Lians) wasn't able to prove the eligibility of watching Love Matters (rated NC16) by means of IC or student EZ link cards.
As it was the last movie of the day, the only suggestion that I could give to Beverly was to give them a refund. Beverly went over to the group and (I believe) told them exactly what I told her. But it seems that they were extremely unhappy and went over to the kachang counter to speak to me.
Well, they didn't really spoke to me. They practically shouted at me for the refusal of their entry. I told one of the Ah Bengs, a completely tattooed guy (and hence we shall called him Tattooed Beng from now on), that what Beverly and I was doing was just a procedure. But Tattooed Beng refused to listen. He shouted in a Singaporean uncle-styled Mandarin and pointed to his tattoos, "Why I cannot go in?! Do I look so young?! I'm old already hor! Look at the tattoos! You think 12 or 13 year old can put tattoos meh?!" And I said, "I'm sorry, sir. All I want to do is to double check. If you're really not happy about it, I can do a refund for you." Tattooed Beng then said, "OK lor! Refund lah! I want to refund everything! Refund the food also!"
I was already very angry with the way Tattooed Beng shouted at me that I went straight into office and told Kevin about the incident. After closing the kachang counter, I went out to Candy Bar and asked Ah Tong what did the group bought, so as to refund them back them money. Just as Ah Tong was keying the items into his counter for refund, I noticed that Tattooed Beng deliberately spilled all the food items (popcorn, drinks and cheesy hot dogs) onto one of our counters.
Yes, and he still boastfully claimed to his friends that he didn't did it on purpose. So the food items just fall on their own lah? Sigh...
Anyway while Ah Tong was returning Tattooed Beng his money, Lala overheard the commotion and approached Beverly to ask what was going on. Just then, one of the Lians (whom I shall called Kao Beh Lian as she kao beh the most among her friends), shouted at her for no particular reason. The exact words of Kao Beh Lian was, "Don't talk among yourself hor! You want to say, say out loud lah!" Even without looking at Lala, I already sensed that she was feeling very ridiculous over getting shouted for nothing. Kao Beh Lian also demanded for Beverly's name. Beverly kindly asked her why and she shouted, "Complain lah! Your service sucks can?!" Lala then move away and came back into Candy Bar to ask Kaylee if she's going for supper. Kao Beh Lian marched up to Candy Bar and shouted at Lala yet again. This time round, Lala had enough and decided to fight for herself. Lala said (in a slightly louder tone), "I wasn't talking to you what. Why are you shouting at me?" Kao Beh Lian replied (still shouting, of course), "I'm talking to you meh?! I'm talking to the wall, OK!"
Yah... Like the wall will reply her like that...
After I was done with the refund of the food, I noticed that Tattooed Beng was looking very hard at my name tag. Apparently, Tattooed Beng had a very, very poor command in English that he couldn't even pronounce my name. He turned and asked his friends for help. I had had enough of the commotion and marched back to office. That group of Bengs and Lians were very reluctant to leave our premises and still very heated up that they started banging our main door. Kevin, being the nice guy that he always is, decided to step in to help.
While Kevin was busy talking to the group, I tried to complete whatever that needed to be done for the night and watching the CCTV at the same time, After about 5 minutes, Kevin came back into the office and told specifically to Beverly and myself what the group wanted. Those punksters, especially Kao Beh Lian and Tattooed Beng, were actually alright with the refund but they just want both Beverly and myself to give them an apology, as they feel that we were giving them attitude.
I was like, what the heck?! I didn't even talked to Kao Beh Lian at all and she expect me to apologize?! I got so agitated that I gave an exact account to Kevin what happened at Candy Bar. But since all of us wanted to get this over and done with, both Beverly and myself, accompanied by Kevin, went out to talk to the punksters.
When we got out, Kao Beh Lian shouted and demanded for Lala to come out as well. Her exact words were, "Still got one more leh?! That butch, that butch! She must come out also!" I opened the main door ans asked for Lala. Lala was extremely ridiculed by the whole incident (as she has no direct connection at all) that her face were pretty foul when she came out of the staff area. Kevin then said to the punksters that the only thing we could do at that moment was to refund whatever they had paid for and what's next will be those punksters' call. Kao Beh Lian suggested to beat us up. Just then, one of the Kao Beh Lian's buddies, Shorty Beng, stepped towards Lala with an obvious intention to beat her up. Kevin immediately stepped in to stop Shorty Beng before things get out of hand. While all this was going on, Tattooed Beng was behaving lovey dovey with his girlfriend.
Yah... Where did the angst that he was exhibiting earlier on when he shouted at me? Too gu niang that he let Kao Beh Lian handle the rest? *roll eyes*
Well, since it's best to apologize and the whole matter over and done with, both Lala and I did what's best for us. Beverly even smiled brightly at Kao Beh Lian to apologize but got dissed by her in the end.
Wa lao... Don't smile cannot. Smile also cannot. Then what the heck did Kao Beh Lian wants?
After those punksters left, I was still feeling uneasy about them and told Kevin that they most probably won't let the matters rest just like that. For the sake for all of our safety, Kevin called to inform the building security guards about the punksters and all of us left the premises together for supper.
Anyway, I got to found out a lot more during supper. Ah Tong told us that that group of punksters approached him to buy some snacks.But the way and intonation of asking was like as though we owe them the food!
What the heck?!
According to Ah Tong, the punksters demanded to be served as they had already purchased a SAFRA combo voucher. And just before they left our premises after the commotion, they demanded to have the customer service number from him. Beverly also revealed that when she requested for their identifications, they were hauling expletives at her.
Well, people like Tattooed Beng and Kao Beh Lian, who gives a damn about them? If they have spoken to us with a right intonation, there's still room for discussion. If not, GET OUT!!!